Located on the coast of the Persian Gulf, the capital of Qatar, Doha is a modern and rapidly growing city. It is the richest country in the world. Recently Doha named as one of the New7Wonders cities in the world. The city is known for spectacular modern buildings and its cultural legacy. With our bucket-list of 10 best things to do in Doha, Qatar you can enjoy the city at its best. Cheap airline tickets to Doha is easily available on our website FareCampus.com
- 1. Al Zubarah Town and Fort- Named as the UNESCO World Heritage site, it is located on the coastal side which is about 62miles from Doha. It is the perfect and only remaining example of Arabian pearl merchant city.
- 2. The Museum of Islamic Art- It is the live example of a magnificent geometric architecture museum outlined by world-renowned architect I M Pei. This famous art piece is consists of artifacts and the finest collection of Turkish mosaics. It also includes Persian rugs and wood carvings.
- 3. Corniche- It is extended in a horseshoe shape along the Doha Bay and a famous waterfront promenade spotted with green surroundings, modern architecture and a great gigantic of Doha skyline.
- 4. Souq Waqif- Home to dozens of restaurants and Shisha lounges, Souq is in Doha. Basically, it is a standing market. Souq Waqif is always bustling with people walking around the alleys. Here you can buy traditional garments, species, handicrafts or souvenirs.
- 5. Islamic Cultural Center- Famous as FANAR, it is a spiral mosque and one of the famous landmarks in Doha. It is not a traditional Qatari mosque but actually an imitation of the Great Mosque of Al-Mutawwakil. The beautiful site gives an excellent intro to the Islam. Its interesting exhibition, and amongst other exhibits through which you can learn Arabic lessons.
- 6. Desert Safari- Get going on a Desert Safari adventure to the beautiful landscape in Doha, Qatar. The safari involves a drive out of the city edge of the desert with 4×4 jeeps and enjoys stays in the Bedouin style tents.
- 7. The Pearl- It is a manmade island covering 400 hectares of reforming land. At the Pearl, you can enjoy shopping at many of the high-end retail shops. You can also stroll around the amazing boardwalk full of a variety of cafes and restaurants.
- 8. Dine at the Stylish Idam- Treat yourself to a fine dining experience. Located on the fifth floor of the famous Museum of Islamic Art Center. The menu here offers some authentic fusion of the French Mediterranean cuisine topped with a dash of Arabian exoticism.
- 9. Sand Dunes in a Buggy- The desert terrain is the place to visit for the perfect dose of adventurous activity. Crash through the giant-sized sand mountains in a roaring dune buggy.
- 10. Katara Cultural Center- It’s a beautiful landmark in Doha. With striking blue-purple tiles and tangled carvings, a pilgrimage site is a must-visit place.
Attention Explorers!! Book your cheapest airfares to Doha with FareCampus. If Doha is the next destination to travel in your list, then check out our extensive range of Doha flight deals and fly high!!