Known as the Jewel of Northern California, San Francisco is one of the most beautiful cities in the United States. The hilly city on the tip of a peninsula, the city is full of history, great neighbourhoods, parks and beaches, museums, and a host of entertainment options. The city is popular for its Victorian architecture, hilly terrain, and tasty delicacies. The city certainly offers a lot to do and see. With cheap airline tickets to San Francisco, hop on the historic cables cars, which stop at many prominent sites of the city.
Best Time to Visit San Francisco
The best time to fly to San Francisco from June-August. At this time of the year, the temperature is moderate and the weather is perfect. You can have fun with sun, sand and surf.
Language & Currency
United States Dollar (USD)
Top 10 Attractions in San Francisco
1. Pier 39- Have some amazing views and a sea of sea lions and California Wine, at Pier 39. Located along the historic San Francisco waterfront, it is the most visited destination of the city of San Francisco. It offers two levels of dining, endless entertainment, shopping and attractions, surrounded by unique views.
2. Golden Gate Park- It is one of the largest parks in the world. It is stretched for the three miles on the western edge of the city of San Francisco. Its 1,017 acres is a tonic for mind and body. You won’t see any “Keep off the Grass” sign here.
3. Alcatraz Island- Located one-and-a-half miles away from the Fisherman’s Wharf, it was first the site of the first lighthouse in the Western United States. This place houses famous felons such as Al Capone and George “Machine Gun” Kelly. It is one of the most famous attractions of the city.
4. California Academy of Sciences- From penguin feedings to coral reef dives, this museum offers an opportunity to dive deeper with Dynamic daily programs. This must-watch attraction of the city of San Francisco houses an aquarium, planetarium, natural history museum and a world-class research centre.
5. The de Young Museum– This famous museum in San Francisco, showcases American art from the 17th through 21st centuries, modern contemporary art, photography and art from Africa, Oceania, and the Americas.
6. San Francisco Museum of Modern Arts- Dedicated to modern and contemporary art, is expanded design includes 170,000 square feet of newly renovated galleries, that displays modern and contemporary artworks.
7. The Presidio- This national park site offers recreational nirvana which features spectacular vistas, beautiful trails, and historic treasures. People often visit here for a hike, a walking tour, a picnic, or to view an exhibit at the Walt Disney Family Museum.
8. Yerba Buena Gardens- Located in the heart of San Francisco’s downtown cultural district, this popular garden attracts various nature lovers. It features a children’s garden, public art, a historic carousel, museums, and ice-skating.
9. Asian Art Museum- Home to one of the most complete collections of Asian art in the world, this museum provides rich art experiences.
10. Legion of Honor- This place is built to memorialize Californian soldiers who died in World War I. It displays a collection of more than 4,000 years of ancient and European art and also is home to the Achenbach Foundation for Graphic Arts.
Best Outdoor Activities in San Francisco
1. Billy Goat Hill Rope Swing- Fly over the city of San Francisco on a 10-metre rope swing. The neighbourhood swing provides a breathtaking view of the skyline at night. The ride is almost as exciting during the day as well.
2. Seward Street Slides- Enjoy the sloping terrain and zip downhill on the curved Seward Street Slides. You might feel like a child’s play but the slides here are a testament to neighbourhood activism.
3. Golden Gate Park- It is the largest outdoor attraction in the city of San Francisco. The various smaller sites in the park include peaceful Japanese Tea Garden with five acres of bamboo stands, cherry trees and koi ponds. This park has Stow Lake: a reservoir, which is a perfect paddle for enjoying boating.
Shopping and Nightlife of San Francisco
It has one of the most dynamic downtown shopping areas in the United States. Union Square is the most amazing place with top name-brand boutiques and luxury department stores. It is the perfect shopping destination, everything is within walking distance. The city has the nightlife to match its variety of daytime attractions, where you can enjoy enough.
List of Airports in San Francisco
Get your cheap flights to San Francisco and arrive at San Francisco International Airport from almost anywhere around the globe. With non-stop flights from the airport, the city is well connected to various other major destination. The international carrier fly to and from San Francisco are Air New Zealand, British Airways, Air Canada, Aer Lingus, and more.
Getting Around of San Francisco
The easiest and convenient way to travel from the airport to the city is from the BART. The Bay Area Rapid Transit station is located in the International Terminal, from here you can take a free AirTrain. Another option to get around the city is to book a taxi. You can also take a bus from outside the city. The public transportation system of the city can get you anywhere in the city. To get out of the city just hop a BRAT and get around anywhere you want to.