Referred to as “NYC”, “The Big Apple City” or just “The City” by locals, New York is an enormous city. Lies at the mouth of the Hudson River, the city is the most populous city in the United States. The city is the center for media, culture, cuisine, fashion, art, finance and trade. The city is consist of 5 different boroughs and each borough has its unique culture. The city has many sites to see such as the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Brooklyn Bridge and numerous world famous museums.
Best Time to Visit New York
The best time to visit The Big Apple City is during the spring and falls. At this time of the year, the temperature is not very much harsh and you can stroll around the city easily.
Language & Currency
United States Dollar (USD)
Top 10 Attractions in New York City
1. Statue of Liberty – It was France’s gift to America in 1886. It is one of the longest statues in the world. One of the greatest icon of America it is the symbol of freedom.
2. Central Park – Walk through the crisscrossing pathways of Central Park or in winters lace-up your skates and glide across the Wollman Rink. The Park is a huge center, and one of those places that make New York a livable city.
3. Rockefeller Center and Top of the Rock Observation Deck – The center is a vast entertainment and shopping complex in the middle of Manhattan. The 70-story 30 Rockefeller Plaza is the main centerpiece of the building that offers the spectacular views of the city day and night.
4. Metropolitan Museum for Arts – Known as the Met it is one of the famous museums in the United States and was founded in 1870. The Met has the permanent collection of more than two million works of art, spanning a period of 5,000 years and more.
5. Broadway and the Theater District – Attending one of the Broadway show is one of the highlights to your visit to the New York City. For the most popular shows, tickets can be purchased in advance.
6. The Empire State Building – It is one of the New York’s most famous landmark buildings. Topped with a mooring mast for airships, it instantly became the symbol of the New York City.
7. High Line – It is the former rail line that has been transformed into an urban walking lane above the city streets. It is all about two or three stories above the street level.
8. Fifth Avenue – It is one of the most popular shopping streets in America, where you can see the top designers have their flagship stores. Even non-shoppers also can enjoy a walk at this posh avenue.
9. The Frick Collection – The place is topped as the best when it comes to the New York City museums. The collections here are laid out in a random manner for enjoyment.
10. Wall Street – Stretched to eight city blocks from Broadway to South Street, the famous Wall Street, and its surrounding area is home to the most important exchanges in the world including the New York Stock Exchange.
Best Outdoor Activities in New York City
1. Crush your picnic game at the Park – Leave the ramen at home and make an epic sandwich and just lay on the grass at of the city’s lushly beautiful parks.
2. Free Kayaking in NYC – New York City reveals some breathtaking views as you paddle and seek out and enjoy some free kayaking. While kayaking you can enjoy some of the best views of the beautiful city.
List of Airports of New York City
Cheap flights to New York City can be booked from any of these three major airports: John F. Kennedy, Newark Liberty International Airport, and LaGuardia Airport. These airports boast efficient transportation options and are well connected to the city.
Shopping and Nightlife of New York City
New York City is rightfully known for its nightlife. The city’s after dark entertainment is electrifying with sophisticated cocktail dens, friendly bars or dance clubs. You can enjoy your nightlife completely here- drink, dance, and listen to music. Known as the global shopping capital, New York City has the finest in luxury apparel, plus gourmet goods, books, tech, gear and more.
Getting Around in New York City
The easiest way to travel to NYC is by the Subway. Riding through the subway is a whole new way to explore the city like a local here. Public buses are a scenic way to explore the city. The transit system of the New York City is environment-friendly and a growing number of NYC’s buses are hybrid-electric models. You can also travel by the yellow taxicabs and green Boro Taxis, which are licensed and regulated by the NYC Taxi and Limousine. Biking is also a good way to explore the city it is often faster and cheaper and also keeps you fit. Citi Bike is New York City’s bike sharing system which is popular since May 2013.