Located at the southern edge Dallas is the most mythical city of Texas. The modern cultural metropolis is stuffed with the history of famous American legends. With a rich past and present, the ‘Big D’ is famous for its contribution in popular culture of Texas. The city is full of excellent museums, home to the famous memorial of President John F Kennedy’s assassination and famous cultural landscape the city has it all to attract millions of traveler all around the world. It is a complete tourist destination and attracts a number of visitors. The modern and post-modern architecture, as well as Gothic architecture of the city, is the must watch thing.
Best Time to Visit Dallas
You can visit Dallas during Autumn (September-October) and Spring (March-April). At that time travelers can enjoy pleasant weather, festive atmosphere, and friendly locals. You can enjoy the Texas State Fair here at the time of Falls.
Language & Currency
U.S. Dollars (USA)
Top 10 Attractions in Dallas
1. Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens- Plan a lovely family day out to the beautiful Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden. This 66-acre garden has lots of interesting things for the children and younger people of the family.
2. The Sixth Floor Museum- This museum documents the much loved President John F. Kennedy’s assassination and legacy. It houses many facts about the tragic day in the history of Texas.
3. Perot Museum of Nature and Science- It is the very popular museum for children of all ages. It offers an interesting hands-on learning experience. Home to five floors of permanent exhibit halls it has outdoor play-space and courtyard.
4. Klyde Warren- It is unusual to sit over in any freeway. This 5.2-acre public park is named for Klyde Warren. This park is in the middle of uptown Dallas, full of food trucks and restaurants.
5. Dallas Museum of Arts- Take your family to the wonderful museum which is home to over 23,000 workers of art spanning 5,000 years of culture from all of the humanity. It has the permanent collection of masterpieces such as Picasso, Rodin, Monet, Gauguin and more.
6. American Airlines Center- This place is an arena for the Dallas Stars (NHL) and Dallas Mavericks (NBA). American Airlines is very proud of its establishment as it’s used for other exciting live entertainment. With a seating capacity of 21,000, a fun-time is guaranteed here.
7. White Rock Lake Park- White Rock is a very popular park which offers an ample of a variety of special event. It managed to offer a natural area in the middle of an urban setting.
8. The Texas Theatre- While your visit to Dallas, must watch this historic theater to watch a movie or any special event. You will definitely feel that you are stepped back in time.
9. Reunion Tower- Get great views of Dallas from the Reunion Tower. It is one of the best known Dallas landmarks. The dizzy height of 561 feet makes it the fifth tallest building.
10. Adventure Landing- This exciting complex offers a lot of fun and games for both kids and adults. There are a lot of bumper boats for kids to enjoy boundlessly.
Best Outdoor Activities in Dallas
1. Spa Habitat Organic Spas- It is a brand of award-winning organic spas in various prominent locations around Dallas. It offers personalized spa services and high-quality organic products. Pamper yourself and enjoy a relaxing time in an eco-friendly atmosphere and professional, experienced spa staff.
2. The Library Bar- The Library Bar is a go-to spot for after-work cocktails and drinks where you can enjoy some quality time. This elegantly furnished with cool lapis lazuli bar and candlelit tables.
3. George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum- Walk through the full-sized replica of the Oval Office, a Texas Rose Garden, and a Decision Points Theatre. Its 67-foot Freedom Hall features a 360-degree high definition video, which depicts the 44 United States Presidents.
Shopping and Nightlife in Dallas
Enjoy your nightlife in the city that craft’s beer. There are some of the best bars in the city where you can enjoy live music, laid-back lunging, and a dozen craft beers on tap. Head to the Henderson Avenue, where you can toast the good life of the city at The Eberhard, High Fives, and the Porch. Shopping is referred to as sports in the city of Dallas. For a good shopping experience must visit Galleria Dallas and walk through the three shopping levels and dining splendor, which is actually suitable for any budget. If you need some western digs, then head to Downtown to Wild Bill’s Western Store to get some custom-cowboy hats and boots.
List of Airports in Dallas
The Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport is the primary Airport that serves the city of Dallas. You can book your cheap airline tickets to/from Dallas anywhere around the world. The airport offers dining facilities, duty-free shopping shops and many other things for travelers for the comfortable flying experience.
Getting Around of Dallas
The city is easy to explore on foot. You can enjoy a number of tours here. The transportations system here is very much advanced. The Dallas Area Rapid Transit also called as a DART, runs buses and light rail that connects to the West End. You can also take a taxi to get around the city.