Originally named as Terminus and Marthasville, the capital of the United States of Georgia, Atlanta is renowned for its rich Southern history. The city’s symbol is a phoenix as it is the only city in North America destroyed as an act of war. The city also has one of the largest Hindu temples outside of India. With cheap airline tickets to Atlanta, start exploring the city from the “World of Coca-Cola” to the Georgia Aquarium, the city has it all to amaze you.
Best Time to Visit Atlanta
The best time to fly to Atlanta is June-August. When most of the travelers come to the city to enjoy some leisure time.
Language & Currency
United States Dollar (USD)
Top 10 Attractions in Atlanta
1. Georgia Aquarium: One of the top things to while your visit to Atlanta with kids are exploring the Georgia Aquarium. This aquarium features a wide variety of marine life and some variety of interactive outdoor activities.
2. Atlanta Botanical Garden: This lovely botanical garden offers a variety of well laid out gardens. It is a great place year round. A special garden is designed here for children specifically.
3. Center for Civil Human Rights: This place in the American Civil Rights Movement of the 1950’s and 1960s is marked by a stunning museum that places this epic struggle into the worldwide movement for human rights.
4. The Fox Theatre: It was built in the 1920s as the Yaarab Temple Shrine Mosque. The design of the place is extremely posh Arabian-themed design. It’s been a much-loved landmark building since its construction.
5. Piedmont Park: It is the oldest and largest park in the Atlanta metro region. This park provides walking and running trails, the park has off-leash dog parks, gardens, sports fields, a lake and more.
6. Atlanta History Center: It is a large complex that comprises the Atlanta History Museum, Centennial Olympic Games Museum, Swan House, Smith Family and the Kenan Research Center.
7. Oakland Cemetery: This Historic Cemetery in Atlanta began as six acres in 1850. Originally designed as a garden cemetery it encompasses 88 acres.
8. World of Coca-Cola: This place illustrates the history and triumphal progress of the world-famous drink in entertaining ways that definitely please people of all ages.
9. Center of Puppetry Art: It is a hands-on museum with a large collection of puppets from all over the world. Some of the displays here include Chinese hand puppets from all around the world.
10. Stone Mountain Park: It is one of the best and popular places to visit near Atlanta. You can enjoy climbing at the top of the hill or ascend by cable car.
Best Outdoor Activities in Atlanta
1. Rides a waterfall at Poole’s Mill Park- This Park offers a summertime water ride. You will definitely have an indelible experience. So put on your swimsuit, grab your towel and head to the Forsyth County where Poole’s Mill Park offers you gradual natural waterfall that cordially welcomes visitors to slide down its face.
2. Terminus Wake Park- If you are one of those who realized that you have not enjoyed the wakeboarding scene, then you’ll definitely enjoy it. Just hop in a car and head to the north. The park offers three cable lakes where you can try the sport for the first time. Make reservations to save time.
3. Try the ropes course at Treetop Quest- Challenge yourself at your own pace. For more fun test your ability. Go for adventure, test your balance on the Spider Quest course, no harnesses are needed.
Shopping and Nightlife in Atlanta
The city has various shopping malls, boutiques, upscale fashion areas and outlets. The shopping options are endless here. The shopping district has many restaurants, museums, pubs, theatres, upscale fashion areas and outlets for an enhanced shopping experience.
The nightlife of the city starts heating up when the sunsets. You can explore the vibrant nightlife and entertainment. Discover the best of best when it comes to Atlanta’s bars and lounges, nightclubs, bars and live music venues. The nightlife of Atlanta is actually the melting point of fun. No matter what style you are craving for the city will surely give you all you want.
List of Airports in Atlanta
The primary airport that serves the city is Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. It is counted among the world’s busiest airport. Some ways to travel to/from the airport are easy. You can take private taxis, buses, shuttle, rail service and much more. You have many options.
Getting Around of Atlanta
After your flight lands to the airport, you might don’t want the hassle of trying to find your way to the city. Hop on the subway, which is operated by the Metropolitan Area Rapid Authority from directly inside the airport. Transit is actually cheaper than the taxi and it won’t let you worry about the traffic. Taxies are available from outside the terminal too, but they are not cheap. A nice way to avoid traffic is biking.